Niagara Park Dental Offers Affordable Dental Crowns
Niagara Park Dental is here for you, offering high quality general dental services as well as implants and dental crowns. Dental crowns are a cap placed over a damaged tooth to strengthen your bite while improving the appearance and alignment of your smile. Our durable custom-made crowns will help to boost your confidence and let you enjoy your favourite foods again.
Signs You Should Invest in Dental Crowns in the Central Coast
Crowns are one of our more important services to prevent a weakened tooth from further decay while helping with the alignment and health of your other teeth as well. With our experience, we will advise you on the best options for your teeth during your check-up, which could include a crown. Many signs could indicate that a crown could be the best solution for you, including the following:
- Older amalgam fillings tended to crack teeth over time. People with these older style fillings often need crowns later in life to shore up the damage to the tooth and prevent it from cracking or breaking further.
- A missing tooth can be uncomfortable. With crowns on the teeth to either side of the gap, a false tooth can be supported in the middle. This type of support is known as a bridge and can make eating less uncomfortable as well as helping to keep your teeth in their proper alignment.
- Heavily damaged teeth often require a root canal. Afterwards, a crown can top that tooth to protect the nerve and keep it from further damage.
Myths About Dental Fillings in the Central Coast
A lot of people can be phobic about visiting the dentist, and because of this, several misconceptions and myths have arisen around dental care and fillings. We want to demystify the process so even if you are one of those who would rather avoid the dental chair, you will know there is little to worry about. Fillings can help prevent your cavities from getting worse, making it more challenging to eat your favourite foods and possibly lead to losing the tooth. Here are a few of the most common myths about fillings:
- What happens when filling a tooth? It is a simple three-step process starting by removing any decay from the tooth. Once that has been accomplished, the tooth is conditioned to receive the filling. Finally, the filling is applied, cured and polished.
- Many people think that the filling will make their tooth look different or bad. We use a composite for the final restoration that will match the colour of the material of your tooth, so you won’t have to worry about a different look.
- Cavities are not always accompanied by discomfort, which is why regular dental check-ups are the best solution to prevent tooth decay. By the time you experience discomfort, the cavity has likely grown and might require more than just a regular filling.
What You Stand To Gain if You Use Niagara Park Dental
Whether you need affordable false teeth, dental fillings or any of our other services, choosing our experienced and professional team to handle them comes with many benefits. We are committed to providing the best dental care possible with affordable rates. You only have one set of adult teeth, and we are here to help ensure you keep them and your smile intact. It is never too early to introduce proper dental care for children, and we also offer paediatric dental appointments, making their visits as pleasant as possible. Contact us today to learn more about our services and to schedule your appointment.